The journey from manuscript to readers is an exciting one for any book and involves a lot of different skills and processes. Read more about getting published.
I can help you with any or all of these stages – contact me to get a quote.
- Big-picture editing. I can work with you to refine the overall scope/plot of your book and help resolve any tonal inconsistencies etc.
- Copy editing. I can go through your manuscript sentence by sentence, checking for spelling, grammar, punctuation and style.
- Book design. I can help you find a book designer and manage the process of getting a cover that will connect you to the readers you want.
- Typesetting. I can lay out the text and images of your book on the page, ensuring clarity of design and ease of readability.
- Proofreading. I can go through your book word by word, checking for any remaining errors.
- Printing. I can manage the printing process for you, ensuring you get a competitive price, and advising on print runs, paper stock and inks.
- E-publishing. Working with MeBooks, I can help you create and publish an ebook in a variety of formats.
- Book launch. I can set up, publicise and help you run a book launch event, leaving you free to mingle and receive lots of praise!
- Sales. I can help you determine a price point for your book, then get it into bookshops and/or ebook marketplaces.
- Marketing & publicity. I am an experienced media wrangler and can help you get your book into the hands of the right reviewers and journalists.
- Web marketing & social media. I can advise you on everything from web marketing strategies to technical hints & tips.
- Audience building. Especially if you are a repeat author, it’s hugely valuable to build up a loyal following of readers. I can advise on many different strategies for achieving this.
Please get in touch for an initial chat about your vision for your book and how I can help you make it happen.
I am also available to work as a consultant for corporates – for example, in 2013 I was the Interim Sales and Marketing Manager for Te Papa Press, and was then employed by them freelance to deliver publicity and promotions. I have also been contracted by DigitalNZ A-tihi o Aotearoa as a digital editor.